Report of Death (ROD)
- Duly accomplished application form – may be downloaded from the Embassy website.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of the Certified True Copy of the Report of Death (Shibo Todoke) issued by the City Hall or Ward Office.
- Original and one (1) photocopy of the passport of the deceased person. If the passport is not available, NSO Birth Certificate or any valid ID of the deceased person may be submitted.
- Passport or any valid ID of the informant.
- Permit for Cremation (if applicable) – Original and one (1) photocopy.
- All photocopies should be in A4 size.
- Application may be submitted in person at the Embassy or by mail.
- If the application is submitted by mail, the application form must be notarized by a Japanese notary public.
- The processing period is five (5) working days.
Report of Death