1. Home
  2. »
  3. Consular Section
  4. »
  5. Services
  6. »
  7. Notarial Services
  8. »
  9. Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG)



A Waiver of Exclusion Ground (WEG) is required for alien minors below fifteen (15) years of age, travelling unaccompanied by, or not joining his/her parent(s) in the Philippines, regardless if the minor needs an entry visa or not.

Waiver of Exclusion Ground applications are processed and approved by Philippine immigration authorities at the port of entry, after submission of an affidavit of support and guarantee with consent to travel and supporting documents.

Either parent or the child’s legal guardian may execute the affidavit before a consular officer at the Philippine Embassy, therein stating that the child will be travelling to the Philippines either alone, or accompanied by a duly appointed travel companion, along with the child’s place of residence while in the Philippines.

Philippine Immigration authorities currently charge Php 3,120.00 (three thousand and one hundred twenty Philippine Pesos per child) for the processing and approval of the WEG.

Present the following documents at the Philippine Embassy Consular Section’s notarial services window:

  1. Two copies of duly accomplished Affidavit of Support and Guarantee with Consent to Travel for WEG, to be signed by the child’s parent/legal guardian in person at the embassy, or before a Japanese notary public* if the parent/legal guardian cannot appear in person at the embassy.
    Download ASGCT Form for WEG;
  2. Two copies of duly accomplished Application for WEG (signed by parent/legal guardian).
    Download WEG Application Form ;
  3. Passport-size photograph of the child (2 pcs);
  4. Valid passport of minor child (2 copies of data page);
  5. Valid passport of travel companion (2 copies of data page);
  6. Valid passport of parent/legal guardian who executed the affidavit (2 copies of data page)
  7. Record of Birth of the child (2 copies) which may be any of the following:
    1. If the child was born in the Philippines, submit the NSO-authentic birth certificate.
    2. If the child was born in Japan and reported to the Philippine embassy, submit the child’s Report of Birth.
    3. If the child was born in Japan but was not reported to the Philippine embassy, submit the child’s koseki tohon with English translation. (If submitting koseki tohon, please fill-out the Family Register Form for WEG in two (2) copies.) The Family Register Form can be downloaded from the embassy website.

    Download Family Register Form for WEG

All copies to be submitted must be in A4 size paper.



  1. Issuance of the WEG Order is subject to the approval of the Commissioner of Immigration and all those who will be granted the WEG shall pay the corresponding fee upon arrival at the port of entry in the Philippines.
  2. The payment collected from the public at the Philippine Embassy/Consulate is for the legalization of the affidavit executed by the parent(s)/legal guardian. It is not the WEG fee.
  3. The payment of the WEG fee and the issuance of the WEG Order are both done at the port of entry in the Philippines.

*Parents who cannot appear in person at the embassy for the legalization of their affidavit of support and guarantee with consent can submit or send the documents to the Notarials and Authentication Unit of the Philippine Embassy in Tokyo, Japan by mail, AFTER having the affidavit notarized before a Japanese notary public, and securing a Gaimusho seal, similar to the procedures for authentication as described in the corresponding subsection on Consular Services appearing in this website.

Thereafter, the child’s parents may either send the documents to the Philippine Embassy (Attention: Notarial and Authentication Unit) and include a return envelope (with registered mail stamp, name, address, and telephone number), or appoint a representative to transact with the Embassy and submit all the documents to the appropriate processing window. The representative will be required to present a valid identification card and a letter of authorization signed by the parent(s). Payment for applications sent by mail can be sent via genkin kakitome.