Requirements for Passport Extension :
Note: Please make all photocopies on A4-size paper before arriving at the Embassy.
- Personal appearance of applicant.
- Fully- accomplished passport extension application form.
- Valid (uncancelled) passport.
- Copy of passport photo/data page and amendment page, if applicable
- Simultaneous application for renewal of passport
- Proof of OFW/Permanent resident status in Japan (residence card/ employment contract)
- Proof of urgency of use of passport:
- Death of immediate family member (death certificate)
- Medical reasons (medical certificate)
- Legal proceedings (subpoena or notices of hearing)
- Confirmed flight details and plane tickets
- One (1) self-addressed Japan Post ¥52 Post Card/ Hagaki. Once your new passport is available, you will receive a postcard. You may choose between:
- Sending us your old uncancelled passport and the Embassy sends you back your old cancelled passport with the new passport); or
- Bring to the Embassy your old passport for cancellation and receive the new passport
- Passport extension fee and other fees: (click here for the updated schedule of fees)
- Passport extension fee : ¥2,600
- Same day release fee : ¥1,300 (only if requested)
- One (1) self-addressed Japan Post ¥510 Letter Pack envelope (if mailed)
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE PASSPORT UNIT
To follow-up on your passport application or other requests, contact us at:
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
5-15-5 Roppongi Minato, Tokyo 106-8537 Japan
Telephone No.: 03-5562-1600 ext 127 (weekdays between 3-6PM)
Fax No.: 03-5562-1597