Requirements for First Time Passport Application :
Note: Please make all photocopies on A4-size paper before arriving at the Embassy.
- Personal appearance of applicant.
- Fully-accomplished application form – (may be downloaded from Embassy website or fill-up online).
- Birth record:
- Original and copy of Philippine Statistical Authority (PSA)/ National Statistics Office (NSO) Birth Certificate or Report of Birth (issued less than 6 months before date of passport application). Local Civil Registrar (LCR) transcription is required when entries in the Birth Certificate/ Report of Birth are unreadable; or
- Original and copy of Personal copy of the Report of Birth issued by the Embassy/ Consulate Office (if Report of Birth was filed less than 6 months before date of passport application)
- One (1) self-addressed Japan Post ¥510 Letter Pack envelope.
- Passport fee of ¥7,800 (Note: Fees are payable in US Dollar or its equivalent in Japanese Yen as computed by our Cashier.)
- Additional requirements listed below if it applies to the passport applicant.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- Valid passport and copy of passport photo/data page of parent/ legal guardian (Mother only if the child’s parents are not married. If mother cannot be present, authorization should be presented by the father or legal guardian.)
- Original and copy of parent’s PSA/NSO Marriage Certificate or Report of Marriage (issued less than 6 months before date of passport application)
- Parent or legal guardian’s personal appearance.
- Original and copy of PSA/NSO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth (issued less than 6 months before date of passport application) before adoption (if available)
- Original and copy of the amended PSA/NSO Birth Certificate or Report of Birth reflecting the new adoptive surname (issued less than 6 months before date of passport application)
- Original and copy of DFA-Authenticated Philippine Court Order on Adoption and Certificate of Finality.
CONTACT DETAILS OF THE PASSPORT UNIT
To follow-up on your passport application or other requests, contact us at:
Embassy of the Republic of the Philippines
5-15-5 Roppongi Minato, Tokyo 106-8537 Japan
Telephone No.: 03-5562-1600 ext 127 (weekdays between 3-6PM)
Fax No.: 03-5562-1597